Thursday, December 9, 2010

Looks like it's gonna be a white Christmas

The "weather expert" of the Irish Examiner reported in yesterday's paper, that we are in fact due MORE snow- 6 inches apparently. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting pretty tired of walking places at a snail's pace, fearing for my life while clutching onto the nearest stationary object. This ice is in fact lethal. I had the "half heart attack" feeling happen to me earlier. That feeling when you see your life flash in front of you, as you envisage yourself in A+E with a broken coccyx.

   Video's on YouTube  such as "UL Study Week" and "Funtasia On Ice, Dublin" provide humour in these situations. If you haven't already checked them out- I suggest you do! As funny as they are, it's got to be sore! 
      I have to say, far and away the best thing to have in these "treacherous" conditions are a good pair of snow boots. I've had my eyes on these Christian Dior snow boots for quite some time. It's great that they come so cheaply at just $530.... maybe if I win the Euromillions. I guess i'll just have to deal with my bright red, kid's Jacadi snow boots for the time being- sure they're only 10 years old and about 3 sizes too small.
      
   RTÉ never fail to amuse me with their use of vocab when describing this weather. "The Big Freeze" has undergone a makeover and is now referred to as "The Big Chill". I've lost count how many times the words "treacherous", "hazardous" and "cautious" have been used. I think these guys could do with a lovely present- perhaps a Thesaurus for Christmas?
     
   To be honest, I don't know what's worse- the Geographical climate or the Economical Climate. With the budget announced on Tuesday, Brian Cowen sure has made a dog's dinner of our country. Not only this, but AIB seem to have misunderstood the purpose of the IMF fund, announcing a €40m staff bonus. Really?
     
   It's time all this negativity was put aside. After all, it is Christmas in 16 days....but who's counting?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Thought you might want to know I came across a similar (far cheaper) boot while searching :)

    http://outlet.snowandrock.com/calzat-women's-lunar-boot-black/snow-boots/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/15207

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you they are amazing I just had to buy them :O

    ReplyDelete